How good is trainsignal Video based Training ?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by adeelmpk, Oct 7, 2007.

1. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

I am seen some videos from trainsignal and found them very interesting and useful, can they be relied upon for completing whole MCSE or CCNA ?
    If not, that what else should be thrown in to complete one of the above certifications ?

Thanks

WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I can only comment on the 70-284 CBT from trainsignal, as that is the only one that I have used.

IMO, I do not feel as that CBT covered everything for the exam, so I won't be using them again. Saying that alot of other people have mentioned that their other CBT's are excellent. An excellent CBT provider is Learnkey, but I'm not sure if they do Cisco stuff??? (will let you check that out :) )

Apart from CBT's, I would recommend using test sim software from Transcender or Preplogic (there are other excellent products, but those are the two I use), and getting yourself 1 or 2 books either from the the exam vendor (MS Press for MS or Cisco for Cisco), Sybex, Syngress or O'reily.

All the above plus experience :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

I am using the CBT videos from trainsignal for the the 70-270 exam as well as the Microsoft Press book. I find the videos to be a nice change from the book, although I do agree that they do not cover everything for the exam. I think they complement the book nicely though and I am quite happy with them. :D

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  4. Liqua

Liqua Bit Poster

I can only comment on the CCNA CBTs from Train Signal.

You shouldn't rely upon watching a CBT to gain complete knowledge of a course and this is especially true of the CCNA. Nothing beats having your own lab and spending quality time practising setting them up, using routing commands, debugs, etc. Also, practising subnetting will aid in the final exam - I used this link to help me (Subnetting Aid)

Having said that I personally liked the Train Signal CCNA course and found Chris Bryant (the CCIE who does the voice over and explanations) to be spot on - that is - everything you needed to know for the course (640-801) was in there. The pace of the video was right for me, good explanations of terms and concepts, and coupled with some additional reading & quality lab time I passed. (974 / 1000) I found that I personally responded better when put into a classroom scenario and this was the closest thing.

Just be careful of which exam you are going to take as the new one (640-802) is different and I think the CBT refers to the old.

Liqua.

Certifications: CCNA, SND, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: CISSP