How do I upgrade To Windows 10?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Haroon Mustafa, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You have to dig deeper and find the hardware id or device name.

Normally it will be things not in the microsoft driver database, like webcams, touchpads, bluetooth drivers, fingerprint scanners, accelerometers, etc...

Juelz likes this.
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Ah right, well now sorted the pci encryption/decryption controller just the touchpad to go but even after much googling cant find afix so may have to wait as its early days for Windows 10, luckily it works with a mouse. Just going to put all my anti virus stuff back on it. Funny enough the lockingup I was getting whilst on Windows 8 isn't happening, device manager used to lockup instantly now its running smooth.

EDIT: After reading dmash's post again I think I know what the issue with the pad is but thats a task for another day..

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well until you can find out what devices they are you're not going to know, I would suggest hitting the software updates site and seeing if the laptop manufacturer has updated drivers available.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA