How best to "juggle"?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Arroryn, Jan 20, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Then of course, there's the snoring issue. When she claims I snore, it's off to the sofa for me. When she snores and I wake her to tell her so, she calls me a bald faced liar and it's off to the sofa for me...uh, ok... :offtopic

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You are doomed to have a single life, aren't you? :biggrin

Yeah, I can see where the conversation would head if I said, "Woman, you don't tell me when to get up! I can do what I like, and I'll get up when I am good and ready to! Who puts food on the table? Who pays the bills? Take care of the kids yerself, wench!"

Ever seen the temperature drop by 30 degrees within a minute? :blink It ain't pretty.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep I'll probably remain single at least I'll keep my money I have said since I was a kid that I never intend to marry. The most I'll do is shack up with a girl but not until I get a career sorted.

And yes I have watch the air go thin in other people relationship especially with my brothers wife. :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I don't want to take this OT (again) but why do (a lot of) men always assume that women are money-sucking leeches? :(

From personal experience, it's been the men in my life that have ended up screwing me over, financially.

Anyway, this isn't helping me focus on studying :rolleyes: but there again I am watching Fawlty Towers, whilst sorting phone lists on our new VoIP consoles.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. BosonMichael

You seem to believe that shacking up will make things easier... a woman leaving is a woman leaving.

Dude... it's not all about the money. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. BosonMichael

Some women are. But as you rightly pointed out, some men are as well. Doesn't have anything to do with the gender of the person... it has to do with the integrity of the person.

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Every woman I have met seems to be only interested in money. Here's a little example for you: I use to drive a Nissan Almera and when I get to work I usually have a smoke before going in at the smoking shelter. Usually when I get to the shelter there is this girl who is really good looking and but up her own a&se and would never talk to me.

As soon as I got the beemer she became really chatty and even asked one of my work collegues if I was on good money because I had a BMW.

I just said to her one day Appearances can be deceptive, I know someone who has an old 911 and he wears nice clothes but he is as poor as a church mouse.

I'm not saying all Women are money orientated but a lot are.:offtopic

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'll respond to the OT part for a moment. There is no real way to separate money and a relationship. I know in my own case that my wife is very concerned about the future and whether or not we'll ever be able to afford to retire. To that end, she's organized our finances to at least give us a chance of having some sort of income as we get older. That of course means that we don't have as much disposable income available right now, so if I want that brand new, hi def 40 inch TV, I'm SOL. :wink:

To some degree or another, I think when a woman is seriously considering a relationship with a man (and she doesn't want to be the only income in the family), she considers his current income, his future (potential) income and how that applies to her security needs. I think a lot (but not all) of men are more or less "for-the-moment", especially if they're relatively young, and don't think so much about the future. Women seem to me more forward-looking in a practical sense and especially if they have or they want children. Families cost money. While I think men tend to think of money in terms of what they can buy now, women think of money in terms of what the future will bring.

Ok...I've had my say. Back to topic (again).

Certifications: A+ and Network+