How about posting photos of your workstations?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Lonny, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

lol I am only joshing, 'tis a beautiful shade of pink for sure!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Good job the curtains aren't in view! :)

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  3. iiisecondcreep

iiisecondcreep Bit Poster

then:
    [​IMG]
    now:
    [​IMG]

picture one: just tidied.
    picture two: never tidied since. note addition of filing cabinet. filing cabinet used for positioning paperwork on surrounding floor. if it wasn't for the fact that I've just finished doing some open uni studying you'd have seen what my desk is usually like. I cleared sooooo much crap off it for studying.

Certifications: HNU Applied Electronic Image Generation
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

:berrr

Yikes :eek:

5. iiisecondcreep

iiisecondcreep Bit Poster

um yeah I'm not some sort of alcy! it took me a week or so to get through them I just can't be bothered moving them!

Certifications: HNU Applied Electronic Image Generation
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It wasn't the beer bottles that made me go yikes, in fact I believe beer to be one of the most important peripherals to have in easy reach. It was the black keyboard and beige monitor, a real fashion fopah IMHO :twisted:

7. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

ha, i think i've got the same monitor as yours there :p

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  8. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Heh, got that right Bluerinse - iiisecondcreep hang your head in shame!
    (Only kidding :evil )

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Dear CertForums Colour Police,

I have re-read your recent comments approximately 56 times. Now, however, I'm concerned - I use my fave old black Dell k/b with my new silver TFT (not perfect, I know, but couldn't get the TFT in black) . I feel you have enlightened me to a social faux pas that I may have no way back from. Please help - am I an outcast, or only guilty of an unfortunate colour mismatch outwith my control ? So far, my neighbours have been politely quiet. Should I worry about this ?

Yours in desperation, although not too concerned, as I always favour function over form,

Gav
    CertForums Site Administrator

(PS I use a small secluded shelf under my desk to obscure "empties")

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL....

Am I glad I don't have digital camera. That way I have a valid excuse to not post pictures of my workstation. I'd really get ranked on as I have 2 black tower servers, 1 beige tower server, and 2 beige with assorted color cd/dvd drives for my workstations, 1 black monitor, 1 black mouse, 1 beige keyboard, 1 dark green cable router, 1 silver KVM switch, and one white external modem. All of them sit on or under my U-shaped workstation that's about 7'x7' with a large enough cutout in the middle for me to sit at my large black and silver ergonomic task chair.

The left wing of the desk holds my printer and scanner, along with a cd tower large enough to hold about 100 cds. The center holds my monitor which sits in its own nook with storage bins on either side.

The right wing of the desk holds a couple of shelves of books and has a couple of drawers under the desktop for storage.

All in all it's a pretty nice setup, but it's definitely something the fashion police would jump on as there is no color coordination whatsoever. It's all mix and mismatch except for the desk itself.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

unbelievable...I will be posting mine soon but my God it aint nowhere near as bad as that...I have to take my hat off to you mate...you got balls....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

At least the chocolate and beer seem to be within easy reach!! :thumbleft

Two essential study items in my opinion. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Ok, so here's my work (cough...games playing...cough) area. I also posted a picture of something I'm even more proud of - my homemade, sound-proof server rack!

Basically, as I'm using an old Celeron machine as a file server it's a bit noisy even though it's tucked away in a cupboard so I put it in a box, packed out the box with polystyrene, and stuck some polystyrene panels on the outside. Obviously, I've made vents front and back for air flow, and now it's whisper quiet even if it does look like a dog's dinner! :D

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Nice, Baba. I see the black k/b silver TFT combo is rather catching :biggrin

Must update my pic, actually ...

15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

hey Jak dont knock the black and silver combo...its rather neat...wait till u see mine...soon to be shown...

16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

So like, when I said that's what I'm using, when did I knock it ?? :blink

17. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Jak, everything goes with black!

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  18. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well here is my desktop/workstation/whatever you want to call it. one is with the light on and the other is with the light off altho I dont know why I did that since you can see the neon lights on both pics...tell me how bad it really is! :biggrin

Attached Files:

19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

LOL It isn't a good idea to have your overclocked nice neon lit bling box up against a central heating rad Noel :D

20. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well I know but the power outlet is directly underneath that radiator and its the only outlet in the room. and since my room happens to be a loft there isnt really anywhere else I could have put it. and besides the radiator doesnt do any damage to my baby. the temp never goes higher than 41 degrees C even with the heatin full on. but hey its great isnt? or not? haha...