Hopefully I'll Get This Job!!!!! wooo!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Fergal1982, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

hey guys. i just found a cool job online, which would suit me down to the ground. im determined to get the bugger!

its paying about 15-20k too. sounds fantastic though doesnt it! an given that i dont really have the experience or qualifications, seems to be offering quite a good break too!

ive sent in my cv, so hopefully i'll get the job (i really hope i do), and then ill be away! so can you all do what u do best, an cross all those fingers!!

Fergal

EDIT: Extra Incentive - i pledge that, if i get this job, and after ive sorted out my financial situation, i will become a fully paid up premium member! lol :D :rolleyes:

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Sounds perfect for you Fergal.

Fingers and eyes[​IMG] crossed for you.

3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Good luck Fergal

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Very best of CF luck, Fergal - here's hoping this is the break you've waited for.

Keep us up to date, mate ...:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Good luck Fergal!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck Fergal.[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I am shocked...thats exactly what I've been looking for and you apply for it right under my nose...how shocking is that?!?!? well I hope you get it mate...sounds like a dream job if you ask me...and here's me thinking working for the likes of the computer shop will get me noticed....good luck Fergal mate....I'm rooting for you...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  8. Fergal1982

lol noel, u snooze u lose, lol! but seriously, thanks guys. ill keep you all posted as to whats happpening!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  9. Fergal1982

gahhh! i just spoke to the person handling the job at the agency, and she basically told me that they'd had a fairly good turnout for the job. a few recent graduates, some people who previously worked in a helpdesk situation.

dont think i fancy my chances now! no...no... this job is mine! MINE DAMMIT!!!! (even if i do have to...... eliminate...... the competition! :))

Fergal

10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ok I think its fair to say that Fergal has well and truly lost it...I'm glad I didnt go4this job...imgaine the pain I would be put thru!!!

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

You could still at least try and be supportive, Waliu !

Head up, Fergal - go for it :thumbleft

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I am being supportive...did u read my first message?

13. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Competition is stiff for entry-level tech jobs. It doesn't mean you won't get it but it does mean that plenty of other people will be applying. Hang in. It'll happen. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  14. Fergal1982

im certainly not gonna be defeated. gonna try an enlist my mother for a spot of networking!!!! :)

Fergal

15. Fergal1982

booger! think i didnt get it, the website is now listing it as "at interview stage". and i havent heard anything. so i dont think i got it! that said, not giving up yet. it may be that they're just not accepting more cvs, and are looking through what they have!

Fergal

16. r4merlin

r4merlin Nibble Poster

Good luck hope it goes well for you.

17. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

:eek: Fingers crossed for you Fergal!

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  18. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Chin up man - there are almost always a few rejections to swallow before "your job" finally comes home to roost. Your still not out the running yet.

Look at it this way - if you don't get this one, then you've had more experience of honing your CV to focus on your current IT experience, and point out your strengths. If you need to apply for something else, then you still have that fresh in your mind, and each time you will improve on how you present yourself. Besides, no-one has said you ain't got the job yet ......

IMHO. :D