Home network 2 pc and a router --- HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Patrulheiro, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

I just had to add the other PC Ip to the firewall to be trusted. But know that I want to add a 3rd PC I will have to add both IPs to be trusted.

2. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

That's what I though, but look what I've done and got stuck!
    That's what I should do with Vista:
    "Open Set Up a Wireless Router or Access Point by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center. In the left pane, click Set up a connection or network, and then click Set up a wireless router or access point.

The wizard will walk you through the process of adding other computers and devices to the network. For more information, see Add a device or computer to a network."

Well, the wizard get me to the Router Page... and now what? I can see where to join the network I've created.

3. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

correction... I CAN'T see where to join the network!!!

ops...

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Just right click on the folder you want to share and then select 'share'. Add the 'everyone' group and thats it done. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This is not the way to do it.. this is just another Vista confusing applet.. it's used for setting up a an "access point" AP. Since most wireless access points have their own method of setting them up, it seems rather useless to me.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)