Home Learning college, not sure what i should do.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Skington, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Skington

Skington New Member

Hey i require alittle help as to what i should do now.

On the 16th March 07 i had a person come see me about 2 college courses i had enquired about online, he seemed very nice and informative and well as he was a salesman was very good at his job, so i signed up for both the courses i was interested in. I paid £100 deposit and signed a credit agreement with Clydesale Financial Services Limited. I was given all the materials there and then and received letters through the post about who my tutors were and how to contact them.I also received a letter thanking me for opening my account and that a letter to verify that my account has been activated together with my repayment details will follow shortly, i never received that letter. I have never paid them anything else after the first deposit, i signed the finance agreement, giving my bank details to pay via direct debit, all the details were correct but still no money has been taken from my account.
    Since then i had a baby so my life plans went out the window and i havent done much of the course work , its only now ive dragged it out to start again, read through all the paper work that ive noticed that i havent paid anything, not received any letters since june 07, the agreement was interest free over the 2 years and if the payments had been taken it would nearly all be paid off.
    So now im wondering why this has happened? will i get a nasty letter soon demanding all the money upfront, even though it was through no error of my own that they havent been collecting the monthly amounts, should i ring them up and chase it? Or should i just continue doing the course and hope they have lost my details and wont want money from me? :p . I dont understand why this happened, or maybe its just some ploy to let me sit here and then after the 2 years demand i pay it up front or montly with daft amounts of interest charged?
    Yes i know i shoulda paid more attention to wether they were taking the money but tbh i signed the paper gave my details and becauses its money no one normaly forgets about that and woulda taken it straight away, so didnt worry about it. untill now....

So any ideas suggestions as to what i should do now would be great :)

Certifications: Nothing right now but am working on it!
    WIP: Comptia A+, MCDST
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'll put it this way...

...it doesn't profit them anything to tell you to pay everything off before March '09. If I were in your shoes, I'd proactively find out what the status is... otherwise, you might get a nasty surprise in about 9 months!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I fully agree with this... but I would suggest going to the Citizens Advice Bureau rather than going to the company themselves. Find out what your options are before making a decision on whether to approach the company.

CAB may also suggest going to Trading Standards if/when the company do finally get in touch.

Don't forget to tell CAB everything. If you leave any bits out - the fact no one has been in touch, whether you have moved addresses and not informed the Home Learnign College (that sort of thing) - then they can't advise you properly.