home labs

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by LYNX78, Nov 28, 2006.

1. LYNX78

LYNX78 Bit Poster

hie everyone,
    l've just started my CCNA a couple of weeks ago and l need to find out a few things regarding home labs.

-why do you need a home lab?
    -where can l find one if needed?
    -how can l use a home lab if already connected to the internet and what are the benefits of having one

any help will be greatly appreciated

Certifications: A+ , N+
    WIP: CCNA , CCNP
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

While I haven't done CCNA I can say with a fair certainty that you haven't a prayer of passing unless you have actualy worked on Cisco kit.

Hence the idea of a home lab - it consists of various bits of Cisco kit so you can try connecting stuff up and watching it break! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You need hands-on experience on Cisco devices (or, at the very least, a simulator) before taking the exam. To be quite honest, you need real-world experience before taking the exam, but that's just my personal opinion.

Best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!