Home Lab

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by neathblue, Jan 3, 2012.

1. neathblue

neathblue New Member

Hi all, im new to the certification game so here comes my questions.
    1, i intend to study 70 - 623 vista and the two win 7 exams 680 and 685
    2, i have also enrolled on the Open University CCNA course with the cisco academy

i have worked in it for several years now recently laid off hence all the courses with the ccna being free
    and i had all the MS books for £20 so all its going to cost is the exam fees.
    anyway i want to set up a home lab of MS software i got 3 PCs running xp, vista and win7 would i need to network these or are they all standalone exams or should i consider networking them?
    Is there anything else i should invest in as i have been given a nice large grant to spend on books and equipment.
    thanks

Steve

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hello neathblue, and welcome to CF:), well your study plan and setup looks just fine. Well to spice your lab setup a bit and make it more flexible you can introduce the free version of VMware server or Microsoft virtual PC I believe version 2007.

All the best and am sure you'd do just fine with hard work, determination and enthusiasm. I wish you the best for the new year too and start looking for another role if you haven't already started. Best wishes and cheerio:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell