Hmm.. new certs..

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by jungleb, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jungleb

jungleb New Member

I have been a developer in the IT profession for several years now and finally got in a position to go after MS certs.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but there is really no reason to persue the MCSD any longer, but rather go for the MCTS/MCPD in different fields. Which really does suck considering I just paid for 2 MCSD preparation classes in Florida.. (looks like a vacation now.. lol).

But, anyways.. is that what I should be going after? MCTS/MCPD?

Thanks

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:) and with regards to your question you're better off checking on Microsoft's web site.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Considering that you've done 2 modules already for the MCSD (I'm assuming that you did the exams also). Why don't you finish your MCSD and then do the upgrades? Framework 1.1 is still around and being used, as well as version 2 and no doubt version 3 in the near furture.

See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. jungleb

jungleb New Member

Well, I did check on MS Site and they tell you details about the certs, but that really doesn't tell me from a 'cert seeking' point of view which one I should pursuit. I was hoping here I might find advice from other 'cert seekers'. :(

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. jungleb

jungleb New Member

Wag -

Actually, I haven't done any of the exams yet, I just signed up for a couple of the classroom training courses to prepare for 305 (just to really see how the classroom training material stacks up to the exams.)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm no programmer... but I typically advise that you do the oldest version you can, then upgrade to newer versions. As Ken stated, the older versions are still widely used by companies.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!