Hide (not broadcast) SSID = my pcs also cant see SSID?

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by boots2k, Mar 21, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Heh heh... nice analogy... remind me to trip you up when we're being chased by something with big teeth... :twisted:

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Don't you think you'd have to worry about me first? :twisted:

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Sheez! I just had to go change my pants! :shocked

And my little fella has had to go to bed with the light on... you should have put a warning up... :blink

I'll get you back for this... as soon as I remember where I put my webcam... chunter chunter... :twisted:

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That fact that you are unaware of any issues, doesn't somehow make it 'good practice'. As i have tried to point out, It is a *myth* that hiding the SSID is a sensible thing to to.. all you are doing is proliferating that myth. The same goes for your stance on MAC filtering.

If you enable encryption (WPA2 PSK) for home use, and configure it properly, as i stated before, this is the best way to keep, not only casual surfers off your network but even experienced hackers.

Keep it real dude 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That pic is about 13 years old. :D heehee!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!