Hi!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by AndySp, Aug 12, 2005.

1. AndySp

AndySp New Member

Hello everyone :D

I'm currently returning to IT training with Computeach(good choice?) eventually,hopefully leading to a MCSE qualification at the moment i'm studying slowly towards my A+ exams just using the Computeach study material, is there anything better out there?,i currently live in the far north of Shetland with my wife and daughter working for a small ferry company after fifteen years in the merchant navy.Any help or advice anyone could pass on would be greatly recieved.

best regards

Andy

2. mrvolleyball

mrvolleyball Bit Poster

No help or advice here (I'm just a newbie aswell).

Just wanted to say welcome and hello and I'm sure someone with some advice will be along shortly.

3. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Hi Andy and welcome to CF

Although iam not doing the A+ at the moment (70-270 for me) as far as i know Mike Myers is the main man when it comes to the A+ cert

Here is a link to his book on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072229918/qid=1123841202/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/202-2745406-0084618

Good luck in your studies

cheers
    Mick

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

WElcome to the forum Andy :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and Welcome Andy :)

Have a nose around the A+ forum - there's already a wealth of advice on there about free resources that others have posted about. I would definitely suggest supplementing your existing materials with the Cramsessions guide (free at the mo, I believe). They are a great asset towards the end of your studies.

HTH :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Uruloke

Uruloke Nibble Poster

Hi Andy, I've recently taken up the MCSE: Security course with Computeach, I'm currently doing the short IT fundamentals course which you probably had to do to before going on to the A+.

As for Computeach being a good choice, I'm happy with them so far, their course materials are good. The onyl thing I don't like is their student website, it's a quite pants and the forums are a bit on the rubbish side. Their forum and chat also goes too far with the 'censoring' of swearwords. You can't say bloody, it just appears as ---- and you can't say bugger or arse, which is a pain for programmers in the chat when they mention debugger and parse!

Certifications: GNVQ (Going Nowhere Very Quickly!)
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi Andy, welcome to CF.

As you have already been advised take a look around the A+ Forum, and Mike Myers is definately the man for A+ stuff.

8)

8. AndySp

AndySp New Member

Thanks for the advice guys,i'll check out the mike myers books

Cheers

Andy :cheers

9. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hiya Andy,

Good luck with your studies, hope all goes well and you enjoy it all!

Mike Myers def. is the man when it comes to A+, I think a member has already posted a link!

From what I have seen the forum and members are fantastic for support!

Sarah :)

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Andy. Welcome to CertForums. Glad you made it here, mate. If you haven't already, check out the A+ and Microsoft forums here as well as the Training forum. They all contain good information and chances are that a lot of your questions have already been answered. Also, don't forget to check out our articles section. Lots of good technical tidbits to be found there. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+