Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by shelley748, Aug 22, 2010.

1. shelley748

shelley748 New Member

Hi all

Interested in getting info and advice on whether to take an MCSE course and the chances of getting a job afterwards!

WIP: MCSE
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Read around the forums, thanks to companies like Computrain theres already a boatload of people with MCSE's and no skills to back them up, its therefore unlikely that it will be that great an approach to entering the industry.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Whats your experience with Windows Server 2003? If you don't have any experience then simply don't bother because there are more experienced and better qualified people already looking for work, if however you have 7 years experience of working with the product and simply want to broaden your qualifications with an MCSE then go a head.

For your information MS recommend 12 - 18 months experience with the product before going for the exam.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA