Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Dave(zone), Apr 28, 2009.

1. Dave(zone)

Dave(zone) New Member

Hi guys and girls,
    I am thinking about doing Comptia A+ and network+ , have been unemployed for the last couple of years I was a mechanic for 20 odd years. I have been into gaming for decades and have built most of my comps but never did the hard bit like getting all the bits to see each other and work as a team if you get my drift. Until my last build which is still running well with no conflicts and stable over the last couple of months, which has helped me make my mind up to change my career.
    I did an online test and found out that I know a bit more than I thought about comps so thought I should do a course and see if I could get a job where I would be able to stay clean and dry,lol. Anyway I have already found out more on this site than any other and I am now looking at who to do my course with so any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Have you considered the self-study route for the A+ (initiallly)?

The recommended books are the A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition and PC Technician Street Smarts.

Good luck for whichever route you decide to take.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Dave(zone)

Dave(zone) New Member

Thanks for the reply and I will be looking at those books.

4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are looking into doing some home study. I'm doing home study for my Microsoft qualifications and between my books and my questions on here I'm managing pretty well. A popular certification path a lot of the lads on here take is to get A+, N+ then MCDST, and see whats what from there. Best of luck, James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security