Hi thre- please help!!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by vinny2011, Apr 10, 2011.

1. vinny2011

vinny2011 New Member

Hi there

My name is Vincent, i sent an e-mail a few days ago but did not receive a reply, just wandering if you could help

I received my first ever i.t qualifications in 2010 when i was 18 at an i.t academy

2 of which were the MCDST and the COMPTIA A+ (I did not take the COMPTIA N+ as I really didn’t know anything about networking as it was an optional exam)

Since then i have only worked in a 1st line role for about less than a month but had to leave due to circumstances which are ok now.

I would like to further my knowledge - i am not sure what to study - maybe the MCSA or the MCSE or maybe upgrade my MCDST to an MCITP? –

I do not know anything about windows server or exchange or SQL –

Could you please advise me on what to do???

I don’t really like the programming and web-developing part of i.t (mainly the maths part in i.t)

and I would really prefer to do and to learn more about the physical parts of i.t or things like operating systems and installing and deploying them etc.

Can you please help guide me or offer me any sort of advice on what i should?

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,A+,NVQL3,ADITPL3
    WIP: MCITP,MCSE,MCSA
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome.

Please do not post the same thread in several forums.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome.

Have a look at the 70-680 - Windows 7 Configuring.

This would be a good step, as you don't have much experience yet - the MCSA and MCITP are aimed at people with at least a years experience, you may find it difficult getting a job in these sort of roles without experience

Best bet is to get another 1st line job and get some experience on board, then possibly look at taking the more advanced certs.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud