Hi there! Am I sad to love networking?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by pacosolutions, Jan 24, 2007.

1. pacosolutions

pacosolutions New Member

Hello everyone.

I just stumbled on this website while looking for somewhere to buy a voucher so I can take my Network+ and A+ exams. I'm glad I stopped by though, it looks like a great site.

I'm 35 and I've been using computers since my first VIC20 back in 1980 but I've just got around to trying for an IT career in the last couple of years. I was seconded from my NHS Admin/Clerical position to be the IT Trainer for 3 North East NHS trusts back in 2005 but that ended as the department closed (solely political and budgetary :x , nothing to do with me honest!).

During that time I got my MOS Master certificate and my ECDL and also became a MS Master Instructor but i've now realised that training is not what I want to do. I love building, installing and messing with PCs and so i decided to go into Networking (which until about 3 months ago I knew very little about). I'm just about ready to take my Network+ and then i'll do my A+ (I know that's the wrong way around for most people but I already know most of the A+ stuff and just wanted to dive into some new and interesting stuff). I'd like to do my MCSA after that but i'm aware that I really just need to find an entry level IT job in the technician/network field and see what happens from there. There may be an opportunity to move into the NHS IT department for my trust but i'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, after being ill for about a year i'm raring to go and I must admit I am absolutley loving the Network+ stuff. It's a lot easier to learn when your really interested in the subject matter. I always knew I was a bit of a geek and now i've confirmed it. Hurrah! :D

Cheers,

Paul.

PS I also play Bass guitar and love movies!

Certifications: MOS (Office XP), Network+ & A+
    WIP: MOS (Office 2007)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not sad at all. Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome, Paul- welcome to CF. You've ticked all the right boxes so far. Enjoy our place :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity