Hi! New Kid in Town. NetEyeBall is the sign-on

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by NetEyeBall, Nov 15, 2006.

1. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

Hi! Just found this place in my on-going Cisco training. I feel like I am an expert now on taking the CCNA 801 exam since I have taken it a couple times and scored an 821. Yeah..probably one question away from passing. Which means, I will keep working at it till I pass the test. Failure means you just aren't ready yet. Nothing worse or more then that. So for everyone that hasn't passed..just don't quit! Perseverance is key!

I work in a NOC (sadly at night) for a huge medical company so I get to touch a lot of switches and routers in my nightly ghoulish troubleshooting. I don't really get to implement or design anything which is why I do well on troubleshooting, but lack on design aspects on the test.

Short term goals...Pass CCNA by End of Year.
    Long term goals...move out west Utah? I am currently in Nashville, TN.

Dunno what else to say.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

Another member from Nashville, wow we are getting popular on that side of the pond! :biggrin

3. NetEyeBall

Nashville is the center for Healthcare Management CO in the US so far as I know...so that means lots of routers and switches and servers oh my!

Dell is also here.

Hmmmm! I didn't notice that .co.uk coolio! errr...I mean...cheers! ;)

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

welcome to CF....

There is a .com version of this site aswell...

5. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF, hope you anjoy your stay!

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome from Spring Hill, my friend. :)

If you ever need some local assistance, let me know.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

going off topic here, where you have ( MCSE 4.0 (Retired) ) in your quals, what does retired mean? too old? :blink

10. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

I'm new here too!

Retired means Micro$oft have retired the certification as it's now MCSE 2000 and 2003

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  11. NetEyeBall

But...it still took a lot of studying and effort to achieve which shows hard work, ethic, skill, and dedication.

I mean...they don't just hand out MCSEs...errrr...no seriously...it takes quite a bit of effort to acheive it. :D I have my emotional scars to prove it. Just mention PDC and BDC to me and I start shaking and looking for an exit!

12. NetEyeBall

Cool! We might have to get together for a beer sometime!

13. BosonMichael

The certification [/i]exams[/i] themselves are retired, but the certification is just as valid today as it was back then. Originally, Microsoft WAS going to expire the certifications of those who had not upgraded to the Windows 2000 exams. However, after much disagreement by their NT-certified folks, Microsoft changed their position and allowed us to retain our MCSE certifications by adding the designations "MCSE on Windows NT 4" and "MCSE on Windows 2000".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. BosonMichael

Definitely! Where are you located? I work over by 100 Oaks, but I support offices at many of the hospitals in the area. Shoot me a PM and we can grab lunch sometime.

15. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Welcome! Another on *my* side of the world!

Yeah, you'll have to get used to all the m8, cheers!, boot (I think it's a car trunk!), etc... oh, and they seem to have a fascination with monkeys, particularly ones of the 'cheeky' variety. I watch Craig Ferguson, so I'm up on it a bit :twisted:

:p

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  16. BosonMichael

Quick note, since I see that you're studying for the CCNA... many years ago (like, in 2000), the Cisco office in Brentwood offered free hands-on CCNA training on Thursday afternoons. They'd usually have a bunch of Subway sandwiches for us as well. All we needed to bring was a laptop to console in. Not sure if they're still doing anything like that 6 years later, but you never know. Might want to give them a call.

17. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

If this is some kind of subversive American invasion of this UK forum, then I just want to say on behalf of John Howard, Australia are here, ready and willing to back you up :salut :gun :snipersmi :twisted:

Welcome to CF mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  18. BosonMichael

If I recruit Jaynonymous, Wildcat Dude, and Don't Panic, you'll have a Tennesseean invasion!!

19. NetEyeBall

I wouldn't mind invading all the way! The way the US politics has been going lately with out illegal immigration issue ie open boarders among many other issues.