Hi, Just like to introduce myself

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by special1, Aug 7, 2005.

1. special1

special1 New Member

Greetings!

My name is Babak, from London UK.

I'm 30 yrs old and have worked in IT since about 1996.

Have passed many exams in my time starting with the MCP stuff, here is a list of what I have taken and passed:

MCP Windows NT4 Wkstn
    NT4 Server
    NT4 Enterprise
    NT4 TCP/IP
    NT4 Networking Essentials

Cisco CCNA
    Cisco Routing (BSCN)
    Cisco PIX Advanced
    Cisco IDS

Network Plus
    I-Net Plus

CIW Associate
    CIW E-Commerce Professional

Symantec Netprowler

CISSP

SAP Technology Consultant - Netweaver Impl & Oper. (Oracle)

PMP - Project Management Professional

With all these exams passed, can you believe I am currently not working. I have been unsuccesfull at finding a job since December 2003. I have had many interviews during this period and am perfectly capable of doing the work they are hiring for, but for whatever reason, I get a reply in the mail saying some standard unhelpful garbage that the quality of candidates was so high, blah blah blah and that they wish me success in the future.

Anyways, I believe in never quitting, but you do after sometime start to lose self-confidence and start questioning your own abilities and wonder if there is something wrong with oneself. Perhaps a change of career. Can you believe, I even got rejected for a job at my local college with the Prince's Trust. A job that didn't even require GCSE's !!!
    I got a part time job in December 04 in a market research company, on the phones non-stop conducting surveys, that has now finished.

I got some frustrated that I even started asking companies for work experience placements, where I work for free, yes FREE. Can you believe, every company I asked said NO. Except for one, who did take me on, agreed to contribute to my daily travel fees since they were outside London, then after 3 months, that was it.

Back on the hunt.

So in the meantime, got to keep skills up to date, so planning to do MCSE W2K3.

Thats why Im here on this forum.

Thank you for reading my introduction, feel free to say hi anytime.

Yours faithfully,

Babak

Certifications: PMP, SAP Netweaver Consultant, CISSP, CC
    WIP: MCP
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

What can I say, but you are not alone? There are thousands of us that can't find a job for love nor money. I've had the same luck volunteering that you have too. I have been to all the local places that normally use volunteer labor, and not a one of them will use me. When you can't even give away your skills it feels pretty bad.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll find the support you need here. If I can personally do anything to help let me know. I haven't been job hunting for as long as you have, but I sure know the feeling.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Special and welcome to CF.
    I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. It really depresses me to read about people like yourself as you oviously know a damn sight about IT than me and are finding it difficult to gain employment. It must be very frustrating for you. I hope that you gain your well deserved place sooner rather than later.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Babak - welcome to CF :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Babak. Welcome to CertForums. Sorry to hear about your employment situation. I was wondering of the above certs listed, how many of them are current. I know that some of those certs have to be renewed every so many years or they lapse. Also, the NT certs will have to be upgraded to 2003 to make you current in the market.

That being said, it is still tough out there, even for experienced techs. There are a lot of factors that play into a situation like this and it's not really possible to say (at least for me) what could be causing your continued unemployment. I can only wish you luck at this stage of the game and offer CF's resources to help you with your pursuits. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

How many heads have you got?
    I only ask because I can't think of another good reason for your spate of rejections. Heads <> 1 = Bad.
    It's a tough old world. Unfortunately IT is currently being marketed as the solution to everyones hopes and dreams. It aint like that any more though, but it doesn't stop people applying in droves.
    Oh well. Stick at it and you will prevail!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greeting Babak :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290