Hi Just Getting Started Need help!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MnazirKhan, Feb 28, 2014.

1. MnazirKhan

MnazirKhan New Member

Hi everyone i just signed up. I really want to start my it career and after spending countless hours researching i think i have decided to start off with comptia a+ however i have no idea what im doing where do i start? where do i apply for the exams ? any help will be much appreciated thank you.

p.s heard great things about certforums so im counting on you guys

2. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Hello and Welcome!

You can find lots of useful information in the A+ forum section.

As far as tests go you can sign up to this site, https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/SelectTestCenterProximity/COMPTIA/1007326 and search for the nearest test center to you.

When you are ready to take the exam you purchase a voucher and book your place through that website.

By asking where you start, I guess you are doing the Self Study route?

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
  3. MnazirKhan

MnazirKhan New Member

Hi thanks for the reply and for the link im going to check it out when im free. I just need some basic advice. I love building PC's and love handling computers i already have a great understanding of how to operate computers but have never really got into networking. However i did want to start off with comptia a+ but someone advised me that comptia a+ is a very basic entry level cert and that it would be better for my career path by going straight into cisco and starting off with a ccna cert? i dont really have a great understanding of networking but i do have a decent basic level of how networking works and how to run a network. what would be the best option for my career path? and to answer your question i would prefer to take the self study route as i learn better that way however if there is a conpany which offers a packages of for example a ccna exam along with books and tutor and lab log ins ect i would love to look into that. once again thank you for anyone who can help me.

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+