hi im new to this (plz help)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by 04gmead, Feb 25, 2009.

1. 04gmead

04gmead New Member

im new to this sort of thing but am realy up for becoming a computer engineer / administrator are there any cheep courses for a 16 yr old to do plz let me know and ill owe u one:biggrin

WIP: anything
  2. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

I'd say start by not posting so many help me threads.
    Welcome to the board.
    Go to school, learn the basics and get a part-time helpdesk or other entry-level position.
    But at your age, I'd concentrate on school. But I'm sure other may disagree.

Again, welcome to the board.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

Welcome to CF

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Where are you based? If you're based in the UK and out of school, get yourself on an IT apprenticeship. You'll be able to do a NVQ/iTQ level's 2 & 3 - earn while you learn in work :D Depending on your provider, the apprenticeships can include the MOS, MCAS, A+, Network+, MCDST, etc as well as the NVQ (which are readily recognised which the EU). Then after 5 years of experience after your level 3 cert, you may be able to get the LCGI from C&G's in IT, which is a level 4 cert.

If you don't want to do the modern day apprenticeship, depending if your college, you could look into the iPRO/A+ route which is 2 qualifications in one; a iPRO cert/diploma and the Comptia A+ (provided you pass you'll get both quals).

Contact your local college for more info, due to your age if you stay in full time education you could get alot of training/courses/exams for free.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

If you are keen enough about IT to find this forum at your age i would agree with Ken and suggest you get yourself an apprenticeship. We have had a few IT apprentices in the past and some have been good some have been poor. The problem is usually that they really have no passion for IT. If you have that you are already a step ahead.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  6. 04gmead

04gmead New Member

thanks for ur advice all ill do the aprenticship so i owe u all one if u need advice on somthing just msg me:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

WIP: anything