Hi Ho

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Alex_xelA, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Alex_xelA

Alex_xelA New Member

Hi all,

I've recentley started employment as an IT Service Desk Operator (to my relief!), originally I thought it was near on impossible getting a foot in the door in IT having no work experience, education or qualifications myself in IT since leaving school 8 years ago but I've proved myself wrong and to top it all off it's the best salary I've ever been on by a substantial amount so I couldn't be happier! :D

I was a member here about 3 years ago and I was also one of the students who got sucked into the "Advent black hole of death" and after that I felt helpless to keep on trying to get myself certified (yes that was my level of determination back then after what happened to Advent)

Looking forward to being an active member of these forums again and most definitely for a longer period of time, already half way there having got the job to get the work experience, now it's just down to how quickly I get the Comptia A+ exams done then continue on from there accordingly 8)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Certifications: None at present
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. mackie

mackie Nibble Poster

Well done. Good news!

Certifications: IAB, Sage 50, MOUS and MCP
    WIP: A+
  3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Well done on the new job! I was in a similar position to you approximately 6 months ago. I had no experience, qualifications or certifications. Just goes to show how things can change depending on how determined and disciplined you are :)

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect