hi help appreciated

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by aznpdaddy, Jun 24, 2005.

1. aznpdaddy

aznpdaddy New Member

hi im new to this forum. iv both harware and software literate to an extent but theres a lot of room for improvement. im looking to start of with the basic maintenance of pc. there fore looking for A+ certification. does anbody have links/files of complete study guides for the course????

i would ideally like video tutorials etc, as i already have lots of q&a software, but not really helpful to learn, but mainly test.

i dont have time to physically go to a center to train as im in university at the moment, and have very little time.

thanks in advance

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Welcome to CF.
    There is lots of Training material availible for the A+ cert.
    One I can personally recommend for price and quality quality is this
    You get 10 CD Rom training videos and also 2 big reading books- One for the hardware and one for the software.
    They also do a full time course over 3 days I believe.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. Check out the A+ forum. There are plenty or resources there for you to pick up on. Any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. aznpdaddy

aznpdaddy New Member

thanx boyce.....its a bit expensive though...isnt it considering that its home study manuals. i mean its more expensive then the exam itself???

thanks though, i was kind of hoping for a torrent link etc, as i am unemployed at the moment and have certain disabilities therefore cannot work, hence the tight budget.

can you reccomend any thing simular but as torrent or something cheaper perhaps?

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings aznpdaddy. Welcome to CertForums. Glad you found us. Have you visited our A+ forum yet. There's a pinned thread at the top that has a few resources listed including the Mike Meyers text, which, with your experience, may be all that you need to study for and pass the A+ exams.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings aznpdaddy :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  7. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Hi aznpdaddy, welcome aboard and good luck with your future studies

Quite reasonable actually. The only way you'll get any cheaper is home study with a few good books (as in the link given earlier). You'll find most people (myself included!) have got their A+ using just the Mike Meyers book with possibly a second aid. At £28 it's pretty inexpensive and good value.

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi aznpdaddy - welcome to CF from me too :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Welcome aboard mate...nice to have you here...:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

That isn't very unusual, especially for video based training which can be quite expensive. Bear in mind that the big bucks are in selling people training material, not in the exams themselves.

I can highly recommend the Learnkey which is hosted by Mike Meyers, who is generally recognised as the 'A+ Daddy' :) It's not cheap, but like I said, video based training isn't.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Unfortunatly we do not condone or approve of piracy here and as such no information will ever be given on illegal means to gather copyrighted material

In general the exams in IT are the cheap part, self study really shouldnt just involve 'reading a book' as you will become whats called a 'paper <insert cert here> which is looked down upon, you will need some spare machines to play with, to rebuild, install OS, test networking, all that stuff required for the A+ exams, so its not that cheap, but old machines can be had on ebay for 50 quid each

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  13. roy900

roy900 New Member

Hi. You could try browsing ebay for training material. I got some there at a very good price. As for books, I went to a couple of good bookshops, decided on the ones I liked and ordered them online from a cheaper source. Good luck.
    Roy

Certifications: Academic IT Qual.
    WIP: A+ N+ MCSA