Hi guys

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by stupot, Jul 8, 2005.

1. stupot

stupot Bit Poster

Hello everyone,

First time on site, well second :biggrin
    just thought i'd say hi.

I'm just about to start a CCNA course in a couple of months, well actually got my head in cisco books already trying to get a head start!! wish me luck!

So i'm glad i've found this site as it might just be my life saver as months go on.

One thing i will say is some of you guys are spending some big bucks on some courses...my course - £295 for CCNA course, includes access to online Cisco academy program, 3 full days in centre training and a personal tutor. Its with the Open Uni who you wont get better for distance learning..

And no i dont work for them i'm just really shocked at some prices you guys are paying!!!

Certifications: Cisco IT essentials I
    WIP: CCNA, N+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings stupot. Welcome to CertForums. Glad you made it. Hope we can lend a hand on your CCNA studies. Do you have any educational or experiencial background in networking or IT in general?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. stupot

stupot Bit Poster

Hi tripwire45,

My background is about 4 years ago did some programming courses gained a City & Guilds in C programming with computeach and did a couple of OU courses in C++... but could i get a job as a trainee programmer...nooooo

so tried a change of direction and about a year ago did Cisco IT essentials part I, which i suppose is equivalent to A+. But no experience in networking at all - apart from a dial up internet account!!

So CCNA is going to be tuff to start with..
    I also plan to do Network+ over the next 6-8 months - god help my girlfriend..

Certifications: Cisco IT essentials I
    WIP: CCNA, N+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Welcome Stupot.
    Good luck with your studies. I will take a look at their site as £295 is very good for what you are getting! :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Hiya! Welcome aboard and good luck with the CCNA (you paid how much :biggrin )

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi from me too, Stupot - welcome to CF :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685