Hi everyone I am new to Cisco certifications

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dayologun, May 17, 2008.

1. dayologun

dayologun New Member

Hi am new to cisco and its certifications. I would like to do the CCNA exam in the near future.

what can help me? how can i gain experience in cisco products?

please any one with useful information for me should let me know.

2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Do you have any experience with Cisco products? Do you have any networking experience? If not, I'd suggest starting with the Network+ to gain a solid understanding of networking concepts.

As you may know, there is a lot of information available for the CCNA. I'd suggest getting the CiscoPress book. It also helps to be able to actually configure routers and switches, so I'd suggest picking up some used hardware or a good simulator.

If you're looking for a practice test to help you study, there are number available. I work for a practice test provider, so I'm biased, but other people on this board can give you good advice.

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you're in IT already, get a job with a company where you can get some hands-on experience administering Cisco routers in a real-world business environment.

If you're not already in IT, you should hold off on the CCNA until you've built up some real-world IT experience. Start off with the A+, Network+, and MCDST.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF :D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings & Welcome to CF:sunny

Certifications: Comptia A+