Hi everybody

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by trainersbuk, Mar 21, 2004.

1. trainersbuk

trainersbuk New Member

Hi all,

Came across this forum in a post to a training newsgroup.

Let me give you a bit of background about me. I'm an IT trainer currently uncertified. I teach C, C++ & VB. Just started on C# & the other .NET stuff. I've also taught the courses for the Microsoft 70/100 exam.

I've been in IT for um... too long :lol: Started off as a programmer & then went more technical as a systems programmer on mainframes. Got fed up with being called out at 3:00am so went into training for a large UK company. They decided to outsource all their training & I got made redundant. After that I set yp my own company & went freelance.

For some time i've been considering going for certification, but never seem to have got around to it.

Well, i'm still thinking about it, perhaps i'll get round to it soon???

Simon

2. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hello and welcome Trainersbuk, glad to have you here!

You say that you have set up your own company - what area is this in - are you still in training or have you shifted focus?

As for your own training I would say that it is well worth the investment of your time and money as it will give you more credability (if the company you have set up is IT related that is) and will probably be expected by your customers.

Anyway, make yourself at home and enjoy your time here. You may also wish to check out the chat room - it is open every Thursday evening from 7pm.

:newbie

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Simon - a warm CertForums welcome to you :D

Quite a background you have there - hopefully you'll be able to answer as many questions as you ask in here. Hope you manage to stick around in here :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

From one Simon to another a big CertForums welcome to you. Hope you stick around and contribute to the site. :thumbleft

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to Certforums Simon. Which Certs are you looking at?

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  6. trainersbuk

trainersbuk New Member

WOW! Thanks to everybody who has replied to me so far! :-o So many questions. I'll try to answer them all in turn.

Rosy - Yes, i'm still training, although I also do some consultancy & programming work. I enjoy the training best though, being able to help other people :) I'm in the East Midlands (Notts / Derbys border) if that's waht you meant by area (geographical?) My company is a training company although at the moment I can only do non certified training. I'm certainly looking at certification, if only to expand my client base. With MCP / MCT certification I can teach Microsoft courses.

Jakamoko - I've got a very wide knowledge base & I'd be glad to help out if I can.

SimonV - as above :)

Phil - I'm not sure exactly what i'm looking at yet. Certainly Microsoft, and probably in C++, Visual Basic or their .NET equivalents. MCP perhaps leading to MCT & then MCSD/MCSE. I need some time to look at the paths to these. Initially I might just go for a C++ MCP to get one under my belt so to speak.

Hope that's answered all your questions. I'm quite busy at the moment, but I intend having a better look round this site when I get a few minutes.

Simon

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Glad you like the place, Simon - please make yourself at home as much as you can. Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here.

If you don't mind me asking, are you one of the growing number of us who try to juggle IT work, Certs, and a family at the same time ? Just that us "IT dads" need as many sympathy votes as we can get :roll:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

:iagree

Family & IT training delicate balance

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome to the forum trainersbuk. Hope you find the site helpful.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

That's interesting, I am also in training - company in Chesterfield - mainly Learndirect provision and software qualifications such as CLAIT suite and ECDL etc. We also have a franchise with North Nottinghamshire College. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any use to you in terms of general contacts and setting up accredition etc.

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, Simon. I'm sure SimonV would say that we can't have too many "Simons" around this place.

I'm also among the army of "IT Dads" but my kids are significantly older. I've got 17 year old twin boys who will be graduating high school this year and a 15 year old daughter who just left the States to be an AFS student in Japan for a year. I guess I'm more or less used to the idea of balancing career and home life...not to mention "forum life".

Glad you're aboard. Hope you enjoy the place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: A+ and Network+