Hi, Computer Geek about to start MCDST

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Leey2000k, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Leey2000k

Leey2000k Bit Poster

Hi Guys, Wicked Forum might I add! 8)

Well I'm 22 and still cant believe im 8 years away from 30 :cry:, lol where did all those years go, well anyways enough of the rambling - Ive finally decided that the support route is the path for me! after many different jobs I've decided to do something about it and put my geek knowledge to some use and get certified! I'm looking on you guys to give me some motivation which i seem to lack sometimes :oops:

Well anyway guys thats me, hope to talk to you all soon

Lee :biggrin

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: MCSDT
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Good to see you here, and, "Get your butt in gear".... :biggrin :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

hi fellow geek!!

welcome to the humble home for certification!! how much knowledge do you have for starters? (can you tell the difference between IRQ and DMA?) maybe it would be a good idea to start from the bottom like we all have (and are doing) with A+ (www.comptia.org) this will give you the fundamentals which you will use later on in support... from there you can go onto MCDST 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Welcome to the forum!!

No worries - you're in supremo good company here - good luck with your Cert!!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. Leey2000k

Leey2000k Bit Poster

I'll admit I don’t know every little detail about computers i know IRQ stands for Interrupt Requests and DMA stands for Direct Memory Access, I know alittle about each one.

However I DO KNOW enough to be able to built a computer from scratch, install windows configure it and run it, troubleshoot a Network and troubleshoot most windows/software related problems.

"You guys that have passed the 70 271 exam how long did it take to learn it??"

Thanks for your advice
    Lee

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: MCSDT
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Lee and welcome to CF :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Leey2000k. Welcome to CertForums. Hope we can help you out in your pursuits. Keep in mind that motivational speakers and tapes aside, real motivation comes from inside you. If you don't generate the drive to achieve, no one else can do it for you. You are young and at a good position to start your career. Time to get busy. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+