Hi All! Searching for info on Computer Training College (Hertfordshire)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Twiggy, May 3, 2005.

1. Jannoth

Jannoth New Member

I'm so sad. Reading some of these posts, my story is similar in that I was visited / "interviewed", (Apr 2006), passed an introductory examination (wot a surprise!) and paid £1,750 to do a course which I've subsequently stopped.

I'd suffered a bad motorbike accident soon beforehand and with a bad memory AND imminent baby (arrived July) was readly worred But ... the support would be excellent and I'd be looked after.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Someone might be suitable for this, but I wasn't and am still not.

The Meyers books are great - with a CD for example questions etc - but strangely, CTC don't like you reading them. Wonder!!

No money. No certification. No hope. Does that sound like a recommendation to anyone. If it does, then please enjoy your studies with CTC.

If you are wise enough to stay away, then best wishes to you in whatever other avenue you choose. I wish I'd stumbled onto this site in Apr last year; my research seemed to support this crowd

See ya all

PS - this sounds like a manic depressive about to do something dum. NOPE - just found this site and want to help others :-)

2. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Welcome, go stick a big hello in the new members forum.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  3. katana

katana New Member

Hi everyone,
    I enrolled with CT College sometime ago and am having problems.......definately not recommended. What problems have others suffered?????

Regards David

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

David

This is a very old thread (begun two years ago) which has had infrequent posts added to it over time, usually by people who claim to have been fleeced by CT College.

You'll find people are more inclined to help you if you post in the 'introductions' forum - that way we'll know for sure you're not just coming on here to moan after being one of the many, many poor souls who have been promised the Earth by certification schools - but delivered very little.

People here are really friendly, but you need to give a little bit to get a little bit. Tell us your story man!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. domster83

domster83 New Member

Oh this is fantastic. I signed up to CTC in September 2006, for the A+. N+, MCSA and CCNA. I paid £3500 upfront for these courses. I later called them to confirm if exam fees were included in the costs, and was told so. However now having contacted them to book my A+, I am told its not covered.

I am thinking I will have to threaten legal action against them if I can't get my fees returned. How much success have people had getting them back? How are they still in business? They seem to provide little more than folders of information, online tests and the occasional training day (which is more like a lecture).

I'll be sure to let you know how I get on, but any more info or help would be great.

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

This why a lot of us recommend self study, you can't fleece yourself.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. domster83

domster83 New Member

Update. I have had a letter from the CT College saying they have gone into Administration WEF 26 September 2007.
    No not ever contact them or get out NOW!

8. domster83

domster83 New Member

Rather than post here (sorry) I've made a blog post about this, with my progress, and some other people have commented too about trouble they've had.
    Feel free to read and leave a comment about your trouble too
    http://domster83.wordpress.com/2007/11/22/avoid-the-computer-training-college/

9. Urbanpoet

Urbanpoet New Member

I don't see the problem with dealing with the company at the moment, the previous company to trade as CT College went into administration and were taken over by Independant Student Finance Limited. According to returns obtained via Companies House, CTC (Holdings) Ltd. used to have shares in this company, but it looks like they were disposed of when they went into administration and a company called Secured Orchard Investments Limited now holds 100% of ISF.

What this means in the long run remains to be seen, but I have been assured that they are trading and are providing services and this will continue. I have been receiving support since Sept and everything has been fine, I am not worried at all. This happens in business, and shouldn't the fact that they are now, essentially a new business be a plus?

BTW, if anybody is having trouble with the company (which I doubt), then I have a list of directors with their addresses that I will send you and save you £1.

Oh, and I attained my A+ 3 months after I started the course with 4hours a week reading. I don't put this down to their material, just the fact that I had paid them a shed load of money and wanted something to show for it, with their help or not!

Errr, in short, self-study is king, spend the rest of the cash on some computers parts to mess with!

Disclaimer: Any business bods about, feel free to correct my understanding of returns!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. grey0075

grey0075 New Member

CTC went into administration in September of last year i wasn't told nor refunded and now i have completed the course they have passed my details to a website data base of CV's that are going to get looked at and turned down for the same reasons as if i sent it myself. i was led to believe they had relationships with employers who where waiting to take there students the minute they passed this is a lie. DO NOT BOTHER WITH COMPUTER TRAINING COMPANIES AS THEY ARE ALL LYING.

12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation for all training providers and especially it being your first post, unless I'm not reading the part in caps correctly?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  13. grey0075

grey0075 New Member

Sorry Wizard but it seems to me that as consumers of these courses we are led to believe we are gaining an advantage by taking these courses because there is supposed to be a job placement programs at the conclusion of the course yes it is a sweeping generalization to say that all companies are the same but they all use the same tactics and advertising and offer the same thing, i will say make your own choice as to the validity of any courses but from my experience CTC is NO GOOD. i apologies to any companies out there that do do what they say at the outset. as to my first post wizard i dont understand what thats got to do with anything this forum is for people to present subjects and get opinions and sometimes even facts from other parties what else would you expect?

14. n_ajger

n_ajger New Member

Hi all
    I am having the same problem with this Fu........ing college.
    Since I start my A+ course with them from November of 2006
    The guy (Course Adviser (lire)) told me that I can finish the course with in 3 month.
    And after they will find me a job (at list £15 pound per hour)
    And stupid me, that I didn’t look at the contract paper properly just sign it.
    That Evil course adviser some sort of hypnotize me!!!!
    To pay some college (scam) £1750 my HARD WORKING MONEY
    Which I can get for free
    Only 2 practical in a year (12 month)
    Some hotel room without any kind of hardware
    Just lecture………
    I think I am paying for the study martial, which I can get FREE from Nottingham central Library
    We should get our money back
    Also the valuable time we spend with HOPE…. All for nothing

WIP: A+
  15. babycatface

babycatface New Member

Hi! I am CTC since december 2007 in a Web-Design Course CIW, and I’m starting to worry. I’ve paid over £2000. So far I’ve only received 2 books. Between the 2 assessments it took them more than a month to send me the next book. I’ve called them twice they always say I’ll receive it within a week and NOTHING!
    Anyone can give me advice or if they went to court, because I’m starting to think about it to get my money back. My mom paid me that course and I feel very bad. I've got a very bad feeling about CTC and l like to stop before I loosing more time...

I'd really want to know if anyone won in court and got their money back even partially. Thank you for helping me.

16. Audra White

Audra White New Member

Please could you tell me how you resolved this. I dont think that they should get away with this and there must be some law coz i am jus not paying them anymore but want to deal with it before i get threatening letters in the post... please tell me what u did int he end?

17. Audra White

Audra White New Member

Hi, I've also fallen in the same trap with CTC doing the same web design course. Can you help me please and let me know what you did. We cannot let them get away with this and take away our money without even achieving the qualification. There has been no support and i dont feel like paying them at all... If you havent done anything lets work together and bring them down so it doesnt happen to more people

18. Audra White

Audra White New Member

Hi
    I really need your advice to get out of the contract i have with them and get my money back - they did not offer what they promised and feel there has to be a law against this sort of thing. Please let me know what i can do?

19. Audra White

Audra White New Member

I need some help on how i can cancel contract with CTC as it turns out to be not what they said they would be. Why should i continue making payments when they material and services are not what was promised for the ridiculous amount of money they are asking for. Please could someone adivse me about the way forward?

20. n_ajger

n_ajger New Member

I stopped paying any more after paying more that 1 thousand.
    They are telling me that they are going to sue me, I told them GO ON…
    Since last six month & sending me some letters to frighten me.
    This people are fraud don’t frighten on there letter.
    Take care

WIP: A+