Hi 4 All !

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Alvukas, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Alvukas

Alvukas New Member

Hi everyone ! Let me introduce myself ;) I am 22 years old , from Lithuania ( in European Union already ! ) currently I am living in London, I just finished my bachelor studies in my native country University , achieved Engineering Informatics Bachelor degree, but its very sad, that my diploma is not very validate because of our country just joined EU :cry: Now I am looking for any IT job in london, but I think it would be much easier to get it if I got any certificate, I am thinking about CNNA, but also I am very interesting in Java 8) , I wonder , can I study at home, and then just pay for exam, and take it enywhere ( University or college ) ? Advices about finding job is very welcome ;)

Certifications: BaSce
    WIP: CCNA
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi, welcome to CF, and to the UK.

Of course you can learn by self study and just book the exam, that is how many of the people here do it.

What you need to decide though is what route you want to take in IT, do you want to go the programming / web development route, i.e. java, or the networking route, CCNA.

If you are looking for a place to start just so that you can find your way around computers prior to making a decision in which career path you want to take I'd recommend the Comptia A+, as this will give you a solid foundation and understanding of computers regardless of which path you take.

8)

3. Alvukas

Alvukas New Member

Hi, thank You for greeting ;)

What concerns computers , I already have a very deep knowledge , including 4 looooong years at university, main problem is that if you want to work as software developer you must have 2-3 years expierence.... :) but how to get it? its like circle.... I have an idea to go volunteering in big company? Any experience? Thx ;)

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Alvukas. Welcome to CertForums. I'm not a programmer so I can't answer your questions about it. As far as the CCNA is concerned, if you have a good knowledge of networking, I don't see why you can't pass that exam by self-study. It would help if you got a router sim or actually bought a couple of older Cisco routers and switches on eBay, though. Nothing replaces actual hands on experience in networking. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Alvukas

Alvukas New Member

Thank You for greetings, also I forgot to mention , I have experience as sales manager, I worked in large firm in my native country, we were silver AVAYA partners, so what concerns cabling I know it :D So I think I am going to buy book tomorrow ( I saw in waterstones ~ 30 GPB ) and I will begin study for CCNA, I have Routersim Network Visualizer 4.0 on my hard disk already, is it worth working with it? ;) thank You

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Alvukas - I'll just wish you a warm welcome to CF as well :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

me too my friend you are more then welcome here :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+