Hey guys, Question...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by techzero, Jul 15, 2006.

1. techzero

techzero Bit Poster

Yeah, I actually just got back from Barnes & Noble and the latest one they have there is the second edition which had a copyright of 2004... Although I did google it and the 3rd Edition just came out the beginning of this year :(

The second edition at B&N was almost word for word. The practice questions at the end of the chapters were the same too. I suppose I'm going to have to drop $50 or an updated book huh? Thought I was going to be able to get away with the 600 page passport book :rolleyes:

I suppose the all-in-one exam guide is the way to go?

Wow, I'm so pissed that I didn't take my courses more seriously and took the exam 2 years ago. Now I have to do catch-up...

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The passport version of MM's A+ is really only a condensed version. For a fully comprehensive resource I'd suggest (like the others) the All In One A+.

Edit: I read all the books that I had, studied and then did some practice tests. Doing it like this you'll find out the areas where you might not fully understand and then you can do some more research in these areas.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

First cert at 20 which was Network+, 5 long years ago! :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Got my frist cert A+ at 18 took me about 4 months, followed bt N+ and MCP 9 months later.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA