Hey everyone on the other side of the internet. I'm Vince Polston.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Vince Polston, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

Found these forums and looks like a great place to hang out. Nice to digitally meet you! :)

Juelz likes this.
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi Vince and welcome.

So whats your story in regards to IT?

3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums, good to see you here. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome Squire!

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. Vince Polston

Thanks for the warm welcoming. My career in IT started about 13 years ago as a part time technician. Since then I have done everything from helpdesk to senior tech to now being a combination of IT manager and senior technician. I currently work for a small MSP / computer repair shop.

What I would really like to do though is teach IT. I'm a total geek so I enjoy learning the ins and outs of technology and explaining it to others. My goal is to some day teach IT at a college like WGU. In order to accomplish that I need to go back to college because most universities require at least a masters ( long term goal ). In the meantime I am working on a website to help teach others how to pass the A+ exam.

Well. That about sums it up!

Juelz likes this.
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Are you from America by any chance?

7. Vince Polston

@Juelz yes I am! Why do you ask? I noticed it looks like most of the folks on this forum are not lol

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah I think most of us are from the UK, we do have a few Americans here though :). In regards to wanting to teach IT, have you ever considered online teaching?

9. Vince Polston

Hey that's cool! You know, Juelz, I have given that a lot of consideration. I think I mentioned before that I have a website to help others pass the A+ exam with free study notes. It's a pretty huge undertaking but it is going well so far! Getting great feedback.

I'll have to figure out a way to monetize the website at some point but for now I'm just putting everything I have into making great free study notes. Maybe at some point I will record some videos similar to what Professor Messer does. We'll see :)

10. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  11. Vince Polston

Thanks @Kopite_21! Looks like a great place to hang out!