hey all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cskinner, Jan 19, 2010.

1. cskinner

cskinner New Member

Hi guys and girls. I am new to this forum and after a brief peruse of the various threads, I'm looking forward to reading and posting more.

For anyone who cares, I am 33yo from Melbourne, Australia working in Customer Service/Security. In my younger days, I completed an I.T qualification and went on to work for various ISP's doing tech support along with some web design & development, PC repairs and sales.

I drifted away from the I.T industry however, after becoming disillusioned by the competition and level of knowledge required to 'make it'.

Having been in the 'workforce' now for many years and having the real world, 'life' experience of the corporate world, my understanding of what it takes to become high level I.T has evolved. I see the guys in my I.T department at work and realise I'm not far removed from the skill sets they exhibit.

Having said that, I've started the journey towards learning SQL, Oracle, Access 2007, Database Design and web based application development. Some might say I'm 'over-the-hill' in I.T terms but my passion to learn this is more for personal satisfaction than anything else. Who knows, perhaps someday I'll be the CEO of an I.T consulting firm supporting Fortune 500 companies with their data security and management solutions.

Ciao all.

2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi, and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!