Hey all...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by NetDoc, Jun 28, 2004.

1. NetDoc

NetDoc New Member

as a Network Consultant, I find my lack of certs somewhat embarrassing! :D Hopefully this site will galvanise me into reading those pulitzer prize winning texts and taking more tests!

2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hey NetDoc, welcome to Certforums. Whats you main area of expertise as a Network Consultant?

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, NetDoc. What do you need galvanizing in? We'll be glad to help. [​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi NetDoc, and a warm CertForums welcome to you :D

I see your in Orlando - it seems our "American Chapter" is ever-expanding :usa The more the merrier, as far as we're concerned.

Like Phil says, what areas are you interested in getting Certs in initially ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. NetDoc

NetDoc New Member

and of course the workstations that connect them. I also do cabling and the occaisional phone system.

My preference is Win2K and higher... and most of my customers use Small Business Server. Youcan check my website at www.NetDocInc.com As for WHICH certs to go get... I really want to do the A+ Net Essentials and then on to the Win Server 2003 tracks.

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

NetDoc from scubaboard.com?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Sounds kinda like it, Ryan :biggrin

You guys know each other then ?

8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Lol well I used to be quite active on scubaboard.com (probably not by thier standards, have people with thousands of posts, but was quite active in my regional section for a bit, havnt been around there much for 6 months or so)

9. NetDoc

NetDoc New Member

6 months... so you left just before it came out that I took it over. Or you left because I took it over? :D But yeah... that's me. We have 27,000+ users and half a million threads now... but who's counting? We have a UK area... UK Wreck Ferrets as well as covering diving right across the globe. You might have even missed one of the biggest Scuba photo galleries on the net. We even added an online store: www.ScubaBoardDeals.com . We just continue to grow.

10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

i popped back a few weeks ago, i was apparantly in the running for webmaster of the wreck ferrets section lol
    if that helps it narrow down who i am :P
    I havnt been diving for a while, moved to ID recently, and had three bad experiances in a row with operators in the UK, but I still look after all my gear and as soon as I can bloody drive ill find out what there is to do around here, apparantly quite a bit in WA and the lakes in NV but im new around here :P

11. NetDoc

NetDoc New Member

ID, WA, NV??? I don't think you mean Idaho, Washington or Nevada... :D Remember I am unfamiliar with the lingo... it seems we share different language together!

Though I have to admit, I was one of the top English Car mechanics in the Orlando area for quite a while. I have applied many a spanner to the fasteners under the bonnets of quite a few Brit mobiles. My favorite is still the Anglia. Wish I had one to tool about... can't quite forget the smell of it either! :D

12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome from another relative newby NetDoc [​IMG]

I have only dived twice but both times were on The Great Barrier Reef, so forgive me if I boast from time to time [​IMG]

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  13. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I did indeed mate, moved to Idaho, and its a fair old drive to the WA coast, but the local (only) dive shop in the area (in Boise) does regular trips to some Nevada lakes and such

lol

14. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A big CertForums welcome to you NetDoc, I've visited your site from time to time. I notice you have the welcome header that Ted S posted in the articles section of TAZ. I included it here and managed to get rid of that extra table space in the top right corner. If you want I can show you have to remove it.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  15. NetDoc

NetDoc New Member

Sure SimonV... send it to me! We are always looking for ways to improve the site. At LEAST I hope that's obvious! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  16. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Sure I'd be happy to help.

In the code that you inserted into the header template search for:

HTML:
    <td class="alt1" colspan="6">
    And replace with

HTML:
    <td class="alt1" colspan="5">
    That had me scratching my head for a while as it looks fine in Firefox, Opera, and Mozilla but not IE

HTH :biggrin
    Si

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  17. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Welcome on board NetDoc - you sure you got time to do certs - sounds like you are busy enough already! :biggrin

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  18. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Man, get Rosy - that was hysterical !!!!!!! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Bet you didn't even mean it, Rosy :blink

19. NetDoc

NetDoc New Member

Time is at a premium... Sometimes it's all I can do to keep treading water.

20. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry I'm late, but welcome NetDoc glad you found your way to our little part of Cyberspace :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong