Hex Numbers

Discussion in 'A+' started by Arroryn, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Why is it these are sticking in my brain about as well as Teflon?

So, two questions. Does anyone have a 'method' they have used to memorise these at all? I have been recommended to know the COM ports, and LPT1/2 for the A+; should I know any others?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I assume you mean memorising them as opposed to understandng them. Sadly, there's no easy way to memorise them, you just have to get on and do it, just like IRQ's DMA's etc etc..

try writing them on cards and taking them on trains etc ... pass the time constructively ?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

There is a slight pattern to them, which made it easier for me to memorize them.

However - I'm sufficiently ancient in the computing world to remember a time when I *had* to know them to get my machine to work, so it was easier for me!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'll try that one out, thanks Clyde. I pretty much did the same with the IRQs and DMAs, as I'm chauferred around everywhere (no one trusts my driving). Thankfully, I've got the theory behind them grasped!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA