Hewlett Packard - Customer Service?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mattgrey, Apr 14, 2008.

1. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop, bought just about 9 months ago from Comet. I recently started having trouble with the buit-in wireless adaptor. After checking online at HP I found this was a known fault in the BIOS and it had to go off for repair. No problem with that....

So I have tried 4 times to get through to HP service to arrange this. As they close at 6pm, and I get home at 6pm, it has proved tricky. But today I got home a 5.45pm and phoned them straight away. At 5.50pm a polite lady answered and listened to the fault I was experiencing. 'Yes', she confirmed, there was a fault with that model and I would need to talk to support to arrange uplift and repair. 'Unfortunately though they close at 6pm' she told me. 'I know' was my reply '...but it's only 5.50' She then went on to tell me she couldn't put me through as the technical guys needed to get away at 6pm:eek: 'Pardon?'

I explained that I had been trying to get home early to make this call, that I have phoned during their opening hours, that I have a fault and I just want to talk about it to get it sorted. She said 'well there is no point me putting you through as there is only ten minutes left and it won't give us time to sort out the problem' She then hung up on me.

This is ridiculous, I phoned during there office hours but they won't help me out in case I make them late for 'home time' I must remember that in my store, I'll stop people coming in 10 minutes before closing so I can get home on time.

Bloody terrible.:rolleyes:

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Not good service. Hopefully that is not company policy, just the one call centre op who cant wait to get out the door at clocking out time.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

No-one stopping her from going home, all she needed to do was transfer my call:rolleyes:

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Wonder what her motivation was for not transferring you? Maybe the call would need to come back to her after you spoke to a tech to book the courier and stuff.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

HP: great for printers (provided you don't need service). Everything else - PCs, cameras, etc. - not so great.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!