Help with my CV. Thanks!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by TechySuperOZ, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TechySuperOZ

TechySuperOZ Bit Poster

I would appreciate on any suggestion on my current CV. Job hunt is going really slow. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• MyCV.doc
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    Certifications: CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: MCTS
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Layout: you've got a fairly big 'wall of text' thing going on with the first page, try and break things up a bit it'll help make the whole thing more readable.

Content:

Two things wrong with this, the CCNA isn't relevant to your commercial experience so looks completely out of place on your CV this is a potential red flag to many employers and certifications != key skills. What can you actually do as a result of your exposure to various technology? Restating your qualifications doesn't tell me anything useful.

In your Training and Qualifications section you list a whole load of individual exams, don't.

Suggests a lack of focus, state what you've got and what your working on currently, in your case if your studying for your MCSA then thats what you list. I'd also seperate it out and make it clearer what you have and what your working on.

Don't bother mentioning references, every employer will expect you to provide them on request anyway.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10