Help with getting started in IT

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by sonofleek, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Mate, i hate to put a downer on your expectations but that lot in a year is going to be very difficult indeed. And you have said nothing here which would make me think you are ideally suited to any of this. MCSE and MCDBA are tough nuts to crack, the MCSE took me three years, and i dread to think how long a MCDBA would take me. IMHO salesman usually talk nonsense.

Also please start you own *thread* and ask your question, as opposed to high-jacking someone else's :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello and Welcome to CF.

Before you decide on which course to do, you need to decide what you want out of life and IT.

Do a little soul searching, what are your strengths and weakness?

Are you practical?
    Do you like solving puzzles and Inquisitive on how things work and why?

If so then A+ is for you. It gives you basic knowledge a good foundation in hardware and software.

But maybe you prefer calculations and learning languages?

Or creating images and sound then website design maybe the route you want to go.

If a stranger stopped you in a street and said you should go and jump off a cliff would you take their advice?
    No! - then why should you take the advice of a sales man who know's nothing about you?

do some soul searching first, sit down somewhere quite and write down you thoughts and ideas on a piece of paper.

By which time, you should have some idea what you want to do.

Goodluck8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+