Help to the needy please?

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Bauhaus, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Bauhaus

Bauhaus New Member

Hello all,

I'm new here, so apologies if this type of thread has been posted before. I have a general question that one of you intelligent folk may be able to answer.

I work for a well established structured cabling recruitment company based in Manchester. Over the last 2-3 months we have received some calls from companies enquiring as to whether we can help supply them with Cisco accredited Network Engineers.

We have recruited for them successfully so far, however we now have an influx of extremely talented people left over who narrowly missed out.

Normally I would just pick up the phone and call my clients to help these chaps back into work. The problem is, my clients don't use them, nor do they know who would use them. I've tried various companies (Northgate, Ramesys etc) yet no one knows what companies would take these guys on. (??)

Am I alone in thinking that the industry is extremely fragmented or am I simply looking in the wrong place?

Any help, tips, companies etc will be warmly received.

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

No offence meant my friend but you are coming on to a certification forum as a IT recruitment company and asking it's members to help you do your job in placing candidates who it seems nobody else wants.

There are many people on these forums and they contain those who are out of work also. I would hope that any suggestions for possible positions would be sent their way before they were sent the way of your clients. No offense meant as you do seem very polite and sincere. I just think it is a bit cheeky to come on here and ask us do your job for you.

Hope you find a place for those on your books. If i have not understood your post properly then please accept my apologies.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  3. Bauhaus

Bauhaus New Member

No offence taken.

Again, in return, no offence meant when I say - I would have possibly looked at what we do first before posting your answer- I hope I made things clear when I said that we are a structured cabling recruitment company - we are not a network recruitment company.

As I see it, any advice given is advice greatly received and advice which will hopefully help those out of work back into work. To make it clear, I'm not asking anyone to do my job. I'm not being cheeky. I simply don't have your knowledge of the market to understand where i need to go next.

Please let me make it clear that my post is purely research. It is not to sell anything.

If these forums are not the place for this level of conversation then it is me who should be apologising. No offence meant again - but this is only strengthening my thoughts that there really isn't a growing network industry out there and if that is the case I'll research new markets. I hope I can be proved wrong.

Thanks for your reply.

Mark

4. Bauhaus

Bauhaus New Member

Thinking about this, it would even help if I got a collective title for these companies - for example: I am thinking that they may be called "System Integration Companies".

I could be wrong??

Thanks again.

5. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

Yes you can try your luck with system integrators. I work at one though, and tiny though we are, we get 20 calls a day from people trying to flog us staff. I'm pretty sure you will find the same attitude fairly prevalent. There are thousands of IT recruitment agencies out there, and they are all targeting the same customer base that you are about to, and with similar candidates.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  6. Bauhaus

Bauhaus New Member

Thanks Flash. I didn't really view CCNA / CCNP accredited people would be intro'd by IT agencies - simply down to continued research. IT isn't really a background I want to get into. Especially if they hammer companies like yourselves with calls - it leaves you little time to get the important things done.

I was only thinking of keeping it purely network DI&M based.

Thanks for your input.

Mark