help please

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Frontier, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Hi all sorry for not being on much lately been rather busy. Anyway I was wondering if you guys could help me with something. I am planning on studying for an MCSD soon as I want a career in programming, but I am still unsure which software I would require in order to undertake the course. I need the correct software for creating applications in vb.net and creating sql databases. Would it be visual studio 2005 and sql sever enterprise packages or something?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I don't really know that much about the developer side of things, but if you're just starting out you could try the Express Editions.

Won't be enough to get you through the MCSD, but will get you started.

8)

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Worth downloading. 8)

I used to code in VB6 and it was a big jump to see what VB2005 is all about. Might switch the career in IT support and go back to being a developer, or maybe not! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Thank you I will download and check out those editions I need to make sure im fully equipped before I start studying.