Help!!! Offline Folder file permissions

Discussion in 'Software' started by madman045, Oct 6, 2006.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

I've got a big problem and Microsoft Tech Support only work 8-6pm lol and dont take debit cards!!!

SBS 2003 Server had to be rebuilt due it its primary hdd failing, this was done and the data recovered.

One of the laptops, had offlline files setup on the shared drive, laptop was resetup on the newly built server, however the offline files are no longer accessable

The files are there, but you get access denied when trying to open them...

Does anyone know how to reset the permissions on these files so that we can copy them off the laptop as they were created offline?

Thanks

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Did you restore the system state data?

Are you saying that the local copies of the off-line files are not accessible, that you can't open them on the laptop?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

That is indeed the problem, the offline files are not accessable at all, ive read a few places that say its due to a corrupt offline cache and the only way to fix it would be to delete it all and start again...

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I am not sure but it might be worth trying to log in locally with administrator rights and take ownership of the folder and files. I am just thinking that if the original domain has gone, ie you didn't re-build it by restoring active directory properly, then you may have conflicting SID issues which are preventing access to the files.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)