Help is here at last!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Apr 11, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

So I get back from Aberdeen and everyone i have seen all want me to fix or build them a PC! talk about fast service! so I have decided that I will do some business cards and flyers...get these circulated and see what happens...but isnt it nice that people still want your services even tho you have been away for a long time? I feel privileged now :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

ka-ching! :biggrin

Time to get to work.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

damn right it is...can see the money rolling in now...yeah right!

4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Tell me about it my mates think I'm on 24 hour support. Went to fix my mates PC (I don't do it often for people these days) and this is the gods honest truth he had 130ish viruses and trojans on his PC, 4 dialers, and 450 bits of Spyware. Never in all my life have I seen a PC that messed up. It was unusable with popup's opening left right and centre and the antivirus software I put on his PC was going crackers with all the viruses. I've now officially retired...:blink
    Anyway go for it Noel couple of my brothers mates do it and make a few quid on the side.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I feel for you there mate...I went round to my old flat here near Chilli Road and he has only had his PC for about 9mths but not only was there alot of Spyware and popups...the interior of the PC was just as bad...there was dust coming out of the grilles of the case and when I opened it up, core blimey was it very dusty...whats worse is he smokes around it so that dont help it either...now his DVD writer is playing up...it seems to play certain DVDs like its temperamental or sumthin like that...so I am going it bring to my place and see what exactly is the problem with it...

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Dust and smoke sheesh, you should have seen the muck I saw whan I was a TV tech or the muck inside photocopiers when I was a copier and fax tech. Computers are very clean in comparison IMHO.

He smokes around it :ohmy Well I smoke around my PCs and they are the cleanest computers I ever touch :rolleyes:

Animals are the much worse, I have been in many houses fixing TVs where cat and or dog poo was just left festering behind the box. The owners couldn't be bothered to clean it up! Animals are dirty, smoking only causes a problem if there is no ventilation.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)