Help Build My MCSE Lab Please

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by zimbo, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

But you said or I thought you said Sysprep wasn't included in Server 2003. Now I am confused :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i been googling to find info on how to setup a home network (in my case "lab")

does anyone have any info on go im going to get all the pc's to talk to each other? I read of somewhere about workgroups and domains.... could someone clarify this please :oops:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. GeorgeZip

GeorgeZip Bit Poster

MS do provide an imaging tool as part of their ADS (Automated Deployment Services) component Microsoft ADS . But I'm guessing that ADS isn't covered in any of the MCSE stuff?

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Didn't actually say that Pete - more likely that I couldn't comment on 2k3 as I only did w2k, and I know it is definitely covered in there. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I tend to use ghost for all my cloning needs. In the networks I work on, if the clients are already joined to a domain, I un-join them, clone the PC(s), then use a utility afterwards called NewSID, which gives your PC a nice shiny new random SID, and will also rename the PC at the same time if you want it too.

If anyone's interested, you can grap NewSID here. It's freeware as well, which is nice. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada