Help about progress from MCTS to MCPD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by S123, Mar 22, 2009.

1. S123

S123 New Member

I have given exams 70-526 and 70-536 for MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications.

I want to go for the MCPD certification ,i.e, MCPD: Windows Developer on Visual Studio 2005.

For this the the requirment is that

1) You should have completed the MCTS certification (whih I have completed as I have given 70-526 and 70-536 as stated earlier)

2) You have to give exam the Exam 70–548: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework. (which I have to give)

Is there any rule that states that you have to give this exam, 70-548 , within three months of the previous
    micorsoft exam ?
    Is there a rule of such a time gap between the previous exam and the next exam?

For example :
    For the MCTS certification the last exam I have given is 70-526 on Jan 18th 2009 ( exam 70-536 has been given earlier ) , then is there any rule that states that if you want to go for another cerification exam then the next exam should be given within April 18th 2009.

Thanks in advance

2. Hangleton

Hangleton Bit Poster

I've never heard of this rule, and I'm sure it was more than 3 months between exams for me.

Regards,

Andy

Certifications: MCPD EA, MCDST, MCTS SQL
    WIP: MCPD .NET 3.5, MCITP Vista
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, why not introduce yourself here and be a part for this community :)

The only requirement is that you pass all the required exams before they get retired. If you require any indepth explaination, you can always contact the MCP heldpesk.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security