hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by zeus, Dec 3, 2005.

1. zeus

zeus New Member

Hi,
    My name is Rik, I came across this site in my search for some good info on the microsoft certificates though more to the point whether Id be getting ripped off if I paid £5k to computeach for a MCDBA training course! I was sceptical as soon as I was given an appointment with a representative (sorry salesman!) He didnt tell me anything I didnt know, Im glad I know what I do about computers otherwise id probably have signed up!

Ive been building computers for years, have opened (and closed) a few webshops, gained a bit of experiance in html, php and mySQL, OScommerce, PHPmyadmin, studied some laymans C++ books etc but still cant get a £5 an hr job installing XP on new machines! Hence the interest in the MCDBA cert.

Ive spent the last three years doing a Diploma and BSc in physics with the OU. Im waiting on the results for the diploma and the BSc will take another 3 years I expect. I also gained a Cert in Natural Sciences, all this isnt likely to cost more than £3k, hence my worry about the 750hr £5k course with CT. Ive even been to spain to use professional telescopes for a week with that £3k. Its odd how the OU are happy to tell you everything, but CT left me a A3 leaflet :blink

Im going to browse the forums to try and find what will be the best way for me to complete the certificate and at the same time keeping my thin wallet as fat as possible.

Im sure the quality ive experianced with the OU will help keep me from the wolves :D

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings and welcome to CertForums, Rik. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sounds like your eyes are open, Rik. Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CertForums, Rik! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  5. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

welcome to CF rik! with a name like zeus you wouldnt be greek by any chance... would you? :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin