Hello.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by lloydsmart, Aug 24, 2010.

1. lloydsmart

lloydsmart New Member

Hi, I'm Lloyd and I'm new here. I've just completed a couple of Cisco courses with CommSupport in London (which I'd highly recommend, by the way), specifically the CCNA and CCNA security, and thought this would be a good forum to get involved with.

I took my CCNA exam today and failed by a very small margin (3%), so I'm quite gutted about that. :cry:

However, I'm not one for wallowing in self-misery, so I've scheduled an ICND1 exam in two days time (Friday), to give it another shot.

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it, lol.

:-)

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hey Lloyd

Joe here, Great to have you on the forum.

Bad luck about the exam, what did you have trouble with in the exam, was there any one particular topic or topics you need help on?

When are you attempting the exam again?, let me know before you do.

Cheers

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. lloydsmart

lloydsmart New Member

Hi Joe,

I've booked an icnd1 exam (ccent) for this Friday. They don't let you retake the same exam code within 5 days of failing but I wanted to get back in there asap which is why I decided to split the exams. Assuming I pass, I'll take the icnd2 next week sometime. Works out the same price anyway!

As for the content, I don't really know what happened. My weakest section was "describing how a network works" or whatever they call it (haven't got the sheet in front of me right now). Basically I think it was the multi-part question about spanning-tree and vtp that got me, i think. It was the one where you don't configure anything, but do a load of sho commands to answer the questions.

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I know the one you mean.

Spanning tree is a tricky subject to fault find and the outputs can be a little intimidating without the pressure of the exam to deal with.

make sure you understand the output of the "show spanning-tree" command from top to bottom, you need to know what the RID and BID define, what the root port and the designated ports mean, how to locate out of which port a Root bridge is located.

Any problems just PM me

Cheers

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the exam.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF! Good luck with the exams.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple