Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Minion, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Minion

Minion New Member

Hello all, I was referred to this site from another forum I sometimes post on and I am very impressed with the quality of support and information available here so thought I would join.

I'm currently in a very unsatisfying call centre job in the finance industry with no prospects and little love or recognition. :(

I've decided to train in IT as its an area i am interested in and from the little research I have done so far I think I will attempt the self learning route to get my A+ certification. Its obvious to me already that this site will be invaluable to helping me achieve my goals, so thank you everyone in advance!

WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Hi & Welcome to CF mate :D

A+ is a great starting point and your call centre experience will give you solid ground to apply for an entry level I.T job, don't be afraid of applying for I.T jobs now, and push on your customer service experience, willingness to learn etc in the interviews. You'll come to find most people start out on a 1st line support help desk or similiar and gradually build up whilst gaining the desired certificates. I stress again, throw your CV out there now! to get your foot in the door, then study alongside it. I'm saying this because very recently it's the advice I took and I start my first I.T job on the 22nd Sept and have my head in the MCDST press books!

Best of luck with your studies :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Minion

Minion New Member

Thanks all!

@Naive
    Thats good advice thanks, I wouldn't have thought of even bothering to apply to such a position without a qualification as I imagined I would need physical skills. I hope my call centre experience will certainly be a plus for such a position. I hope your studie go well! :)

WIP: A+
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Anytime, I know what you mean, I felt exactly the same, but the call centre job experience I currently work in now gave me fantastic grounds because a lot of telephony, customer focus is involved in 1st line support. With a nudge from the people on this forum, i just thought sod it, i'll go for it! and it paid off :D

Best of luck with your interviews & studying and be sure to trawl through the forums, great advice on virtually everything in regards to starting out. See you around :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST
  10. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums...

11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA