Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by backtrack, Jan 15, 2008.

1. backtrack

backtrack New Member

Hi all, I am great to join this forum.

I have 4 years experience in IT firms. My jobs function is support end user's PC, OS, networking, applications and hardwares. I already done 2 papers of MCSE. I feel boring with this kinds of jobs. I am thinking to take CCNA and change to Network engineer. I dun know want to continue to finish MCSE all take CCNA 1st. MCSE and CCNA which one can get better offer? which one can get better salary?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Whatever you have experience doing will get you a better salary. Certification doesn't get you a better salary; experience does; certification without experience is useless.

If you're bored with networking and hardware, how do you think you will find MORE enjoyment with working with Cisco gear?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. backtrack

backtrack New Member

thanks for your reply, I know certification without experience is useless, but in nowadays situation, in my country most of the company will depend on your certificates 1st before call you to interview. If you have cert than you can get better offer. what I means is System engineer better or network engineer better? one is more on server 2003 and one is more on cisco networking.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So... basically, cheat your way through the exams, and you'll get a great job regardless of experience? :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

BM has already answered your questions :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+