Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by whalley_range, Oct 8, 2006.

1. whalley_range

whalley_range New Member

Been visiting this forum for a while, but never introduced myself.

I graduated last year with a degree in Web and Multimedia, but realised towards the end of my degree that I was never going to get a job in the web design field, as I wasn't creative enough, nor did I have the programming skills needed. Did pretty well in my degree though (surprised myself) and quite enjoyed doing my dissertation on Search Engine Optimization.

I did apply for a few web design jobs when I graduated, they lead to nowhere. Didn't want to end up doing data entry/call centre work (which was where I was heading). So I applied to two adverts on a graduate website, advertising for IT Technicians. I didn't know they were training providers at the time (just thought I was applying for jobs) and knew nothing about that type of business, nor the cost. I went on two interviews with two training providers, Just IT, being the first and then JBC Computers. I was impressed with Just IT at the time, as they explained about the the different types of IT support jobs and certs. Without going into the ins and outs of it, I realise I would have made a mistake going with them and glad I never.

Decided to go on a similar course with JBC Computers, two things made my mind up to go with them instead of Just IT. They were, they were interested in teaching people how to do stuff and how stuff works in a working environment, rather than just how to pass exams. I'm tight fisted with money, so it being sponsered, greatly appealed to me. Although it being in Coventry, was a massive downside. A smiley face is probably needed here to show that i'm joking, but I can't stand them.

Enjoyed my course with them, although it was very intense and some of the stuff they taught us I can't remember, as I haven't used it for several months.

Manged to get a 1st Line Support job within one month of finishing the course. Enjoyed the job very much, but it was mostly phone work and not enough 'hands on work'. Left that after a few months to go travelling (would have been more wise to stick at it and get more experience, had itchy feet, money in my pocket and I couldn't help myself) and back working on a helpdesk, not a lot of call logging in this one, lots more hands on work and doing a lot of work with switches and cables.

Currently studying for my A+ and hope to have that by December.

Certifications: BSc
    WIP: A+ and N+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF mate.

You don't like emoticons, your kidding :eek: , why not :blink I think they are pretty cool 8) and they can help you get the right emotion across :berrr :twisted:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

This is the one reason why emoticons were created, we all sit behind a keyboard and you cannot see the expression on our faces or our body language, this how many misunderstandings can occur.

Welcome to CF anyway :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685