Hello to all on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by WERTYU-2007, Oct 3, 2009.

1. WERTYU-2007

WERTYU-2007 New Member

ive just been made redundent and was given funding to retrain i checked all colleges but i just missed start date
    so ive paid up to start in febuary and looking forward to the challenge of training to be a computer repair tech.

the only experience i have is in operating computer in the last year on the internet and years ago on the old games computers.

I don want to waste the time i have till febuary so id like some advice on books magazines videos to get me started also advice on what to expect ie is it very hard to learn ,what sort of prospects are there, will i be able to jump in from scratch.

basically any advice you have id like to know as i want to be as prepared as i can be to start a new hopefully career.

all this is probably in the forums already but i though id introduce myself as ill probably be on here alot for the next few years.

thanks for all advice i receive in advance and ill look through the forum now.

Certifications: none in the computer field
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Books to get you started, for the A+:
    Mike Meyer's AiO 7th edition
    PC Tech Street Smarts

Books to get for the MCDST:
    Sybex MCDST
    MSPress for the 70-271 & 70-272

Hope this helps :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What Ken said.

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!