Hello to all (and a question)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by neilbigh101, Dec 11, 2007.

1. neilbigh101

neilbigh101 New Member

Hi everyone just wanted to say hello :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin to you all and look forward to being on this site I know this is probably not the right place to ask ( and dont want to start off on a bad note by posting in the wrong forum) but im a 45 y/o relative neebie but can learn quickly just want to get my hands dirty by getting under the hood so to speak and learn programming from the ground up, dont want to pay £0000`s as its only a hobby, hope ur still awake?:eek::eek::eek: whats the best to go about this as regards resources books cd`s and tutorials etc once again thanks for taking the time to read this and thanking you in advance for any advice best regards to you all Neil

2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Hi Neil,

Welcome to Certforums :biggrin

I guess the first question would be what sort of programmes do you want to develop? Web based applications, applications to run on windows/linux, Computer games??

If you give us a bit more info about what you're interested in we can point you in the right direction. 8)

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. neilbigh101

neilbigh101 New Member

Hi Stoney, to be honest not to sure but i am assuming that there must be some basics you need to know first a bit like the highway code for driving thanks fro postig back Neil

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome

As stoney says there a various different applications you could develop for using various different languages.

C++ is a common language you could maybe get some learning aids on it and start using that, or visual Basic. There are many languages but as I said C++ is a popular one amongst programmers.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings & Welcome to CF

As for the question you asked I have to agree with Stoney & GBL there, unless you do a little soul searching then you could be wasting your time. You really need to know what you want to get out of it before putting something into it!:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685