Hello - Thanks!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by robino, Nov 9, 2008.

1. robino

robino New Member

Hi there,

Just wanted to say thanks for making this website and thanks to everyone who posts advise. Your help has potentially saved me and others thousands!

I currently work for a debt recovery company, (no i don't go knocking on people's doors etc!!) I liaise with the banks head offices and not actually people who owe the money. I have realized that there is no way I can progress myself in my position and cant see myself doing what I do for the remainder of my working life. I've always been interested in and enjoy working with computers and decided to get myself some qualifications in I.T.

I'm kicking myself as a job arose in our I.T department which I didn't bother applying for as it would mean a 2k wage drop and would probably feel the impact of this in the current climate! However wish I would have now after reading some of the advise on the forums.

Going to start from scratch and get A+ then N+ and go on from there. Was thinking of emailing my Director once I've got these and advise her on my intentions and maybe she will free up a position in I.T.

Going to self study using the various books as advised in here. What sort of computor would you recommend to study on? Do I just need something cheap that I can play around with? Can you study on XP only or do you need XP pro?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome:)

Good idea to go for the A+ and N+ first.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Yes, it's possible to pass the A+ from studying on a PC running XP Home Edition. However, if you can get your hands on a copy of XP Pro, I recommend you do as it contains additional features that XP Home Edition doesn't.

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the studies.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Welcome to CF and best wishes on you exam preparations.

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012